Marble Cake Recipe
Marble cake is a common vanilla and chocolate cake batter swirled together to give you the best of both worlds, but in most cases either one or the other flavor doesn’t work in terms of taste or texture, and it may take a lot of time and plenty of dishes to make. Let’s avoid all that with this delightfully delicious and light marble cake recipe.
You will start with the vanilla cake batter, then take 1 1/2 cups of that to create the chocolate batter. Layer them in your cake pan, apply a few swirls (don’t go crazy with the swirling or you’ll end up with a light brown cake) and bake to perfection!
- 2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 142 g unsalted butter softened
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla batter
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp water
To make the vanilla batter
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- Blend together the sugar, flour, salt, and baking powder until combined.
- Add the butter, beating slowly with an electric mixer until the mixture is a sandy texture.
- Beat in the eggs, mixing until each egg is fully blended into the batter. Scrape the bowl as necessary.
- Slowly add the buttermilk on low speed, then mix on medium speed until the batter is fully combined. Stir in the vanilla at the end.
To make the chocolate batter
- Take 1 1/2 cups of vanilla batter and mix with the cocoa powder, baking powder, and water together until combined.
- Pour half the vanilla batter into the prepared pan, and dollop with the chocolate batter, then cover with the rest of the vanilla batter.
- Swirl the two batters together using a spatula or knife.
- Bake the cake for 40 - 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool it in the pan before turning it out onto a rack.
- Serve with icing sugar or chocolate ganache.