Whip Up Your Own Homemade Granola Recipe
Every month or two I make a new batch of homemade granola. It’s so easy to make and fun to keep switching the ingredients and flavors. It’s packed with wholesome goodness from oats, nuts, and seeds, this recipe allows you to personalize your crunchy treat. After making this recipe, you will never go for store-bought granola again. Let’s dive into the world of homemade granola!
Homemade granola revolves around three key ingredients: oats, nuts, and natural sweeteners. Oats provide a hearty, fiber-rich base, while nuts add a delightful crunch and healthy fats. Maple syrup and honey provide just the right touch of sweetness, without adding refined sugars. To take your homemade granola to the next level, we can’t forget the spices! Cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom create a warm, cozy experience with every bite. These spices not only add an enticing aroma but also offer health benefits like anti-inflammatory properties and improved digestion.
The beauty of homemade granola lies in its versatility. Customize your recipe with dried fruits like cranberries, raisins, or apricots for natural sweetness. Experiment with shredded coconut, chia seeds, or flaxseeds to boost nutrition. Create a granola blend that suits your unique taste and dietary preferences. Enjoy it as a breakfast cereal with your favorite yogurt or milk, or sprinkle it over smoothie bowls for added crunch. Pack it into on-the-go snack bags for an energy-boosting treat. Get creative and use it in baking or sprinkle it over ice cream!
There you have it – a delectable, healthy homemade granola recipe. By using wholesome ingredients like oats, nuts, and natural sweeteners, you can nourish your body while satisfying your cravings. Say goodbye to store-bought granola and embrace the joy of homemade goodness!
Homemade Granola Recipe
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit raisins, cranberries or other
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line two baking sheets with silicone mats or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, honey, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir in the oats, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, chopped nuts, and coconut.
- Spread the granola mixture evenly over the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then stir the granola. Continue baking for another 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown.
- Let the granola cool completely on the baking sheets.
- Stir in the dried fruit. Serve the granola with yogurt or milk.