Here’s a delicious recipe for chocolate-dipped coconut macaroons, just in time for summer. I made these countless times, with recipes using sweetened condensed milk and some with flour, which was ok, but I find that simple recipes are best. Especially when the ingredients are already in your kitchen pantry. Serve these light and airy cookies to guests over coffee or to kids and watch them disappear from the plate.
- 3 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup melted dark chocolate for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 170C and adjust the tray in the bottom third of the oven.
- Place the egg whites, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a bowl. Whisk until completely combined and frothy.
- Add the coconut and stir until it’s all moistened.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Shape the coconut mixture into small balls and space them apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the macaroons until golden-brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once completely cooled, you can dip or drizzle them with melted dark chocolate.