Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
It’s the birthday season for our family. We all have our birthdays between November and December, so there is a lot of baking going on these days. Although I’m constantly developing new recipes to try out in the kitchen (and sometimes coming up with some pretty fabulous creations), one thing you can count on me making time after time again is chocolate cupcakes. I like my favorite oldies but goodies! Especially if they’re easy enough that even someone who has never made them before could follow along without any trouble. This recipe makes moist and chocolatey cupcakes that will satisfy your craving in 10 minutes or less, so get ready to whip up some yummy goodness! Give this recipe a try, and let us know what you think!
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 200 g sugar
- 43 g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) hot water
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix together the egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- In another bowl, add all the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the hot water to the batter and mix until well combined. The batter will be thin.
- Fill 3/4 of the cupcake liners and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow them to cool completely before frosting.