Must-Have Banana Bread Recipe
I’m obsessed with finding the best of every recipe, so as you can imagine, I’ve researched, tried, and tested hundreds of recipes. Chocolate and vanilla cakes, the best carrot cake and, of course, banana bread. Some of the recipes I keep, I believe, are truly “The best” out there, and others I consider my personal favorite, and as you know, opinions vary. But this recipe has been voted “the best” banana bread by several sources like The Food Network and The Kitchn. It is the infamous Flour Bakery banana bread recipe! Luckily for us, Flour Bakery has released this recipe to the public, so it’s accessible to everyone.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 bananas very ripe and mashed
- 2 tbsp yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set oven to 170 degrees C, and line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In one bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle in oil, add mashed bananas, yogurt or sour cream, and vanilla.
- Fold in dry ingredients and if you will add nuts or chocolate chips, this is when you do it.
- Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If the bananas you have are still not ripe enough, simply bake unpeeled bananas on a baking sheet in a 120°C oven until soft, 15-20 minutes. Let cool, peel, and start baking.
- You can add 1/2 cup of chocolate chips or walnuts before pouring into the loaf pan.
- Make sure to use a sturdy non-stick loaf pan.
Baking tools I used in this recipe: