Classic Apple Cake Recipe
Discover the perfect comfort in a classic apple cake recipe. Packed with warm spices and luscious apples, this cake promises a moist and tender treat – a delightful companion to your coffee or an ice-cold glass of milk. This cake is a one-bowl recipe where you throw in all the ingredients and it comes together beautifully. The batter is very dry before you add the apples, but trust the process and once you add the apples and mix everything together it will be a very creamy batter. The recipe calls for an 8×8 inch square pan, but you can also double the recipe and make it in a 9×13 inch pan instead.
Classic Apple Cake
- 140 g all-purpose flour
- 165 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp all-spice or nutmeg
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 56 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups peeled and finely chopped apples around 200 g
- 1 tbsp apple juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts optional
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 8" x 8" pan.
- Combine all ingredients, excluding the apples and nuts, in a large bowl. Mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Now, add the apples and nuts. Mix for about about 3 minutes at low speed until the apples release their juice, transforming the stiff mixture into a thick, creamy batter.
- Spread the batter in your prepared pan, smoothing it out and baking for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving.
- You can choose any type of nuts you prefer or remove them completely from the recipe. I chose to make it without nuts.
- The cake can be stored in an air-tight container for 3 - 4 day at room temperature.