6 Things to Bake This Holiday
Looking for some holiday baking ideas to make with kids or serve on your Christmas table? Here are some recipes for you.
- Sugar Cookies is a classic fool-proof recipe that doesn’t spread too much, so it keeps its shape in the oven. Use festive cookie cutters and let the kids enjoy decorating them with the royal icing recipe provided. The icing doesn’t include meringue powder, so it’s pretty easy to make.
- Cupcakes 2-ways – This recipe makes both vanilla and chocolate cupcakes from the same batter, so it gives you the best of both worlds without washing double the dishes.
- Chocolate cupcakes – If you want just a moist and delicious chocolate cupcakes recipe, then this is your go-to! Decorate them with Santa hats, Christmas wreaths, and Christmas trees.
- M&M cookies – A classic recipe that you can make using M&Ms, chocolate chips, or any treat of your choice. If you have some more reading time, check out my guide to baking perfect cookies.
- Oatmeal and Raisin cookies – A delicious cookie recipe with warm spices and a chewy center.
- Meringue Christmas Trees – I made these over Halloween and shaped them as little ghosts, but you can make little Christmas trees or wreaths using the same recipe for the season. If you live in a humid country like me, your meringue cookies may get sticky, so I made the cooked version over a hot water bath to avoid that. It takes out the guesswork and tries to get it right.